Bad Banana Software Bug Fixing Policy
The Bad Banana Software team has a structured process to address and fix bugs as they are reported, which is mapped to different support tiers that we offer for Bad Banana Software products and services.
In general, we deliver updates and bugfixes for Bad Banana Software as follows:
- Major and minor (official) releases have all cumulative fixes implemented since the last official release and are fully regression tested.
- Bugfix rollup patches are made to the most recent official release and include prioritized bugfixes for this increment. The next incremental patch includes all bugfixes available in the previous patches for the same official release, including hotfixes.
- Hotfix Updates (aka 'Service Packs' or 'Hotfixes') address one or more specific problems or changes (e.g. security fixes, partner interface change) that potentially impact a large number of customers and are typically released for all supported official versions. Hotfixes are released in response to discovery of such problems or changes. Hotfixes are cumulative, in that they include all previous hotfixes for a given version.
- Custom on-demand patches are provided for the current and the immediately previous major release families.
Fixes for security vulnerabilities (both discovered internally and reported to us) are released according to the following rules based on CVSS scores:
- Vulnerabilities with Critical and High CVSS scores are fixed in Hotfix Updates for all affected supported versions.
- Vulnerabilities with lower CVSS scores are fixed only in bugfix patches for the latest official release.
Continuous Maintenance Effort
The Bad Banana Software group has a fixed percentage of development resources allocated to bugfixing and other maintenance tasks. Reported bugs are triaged and prioritized on a weekly basis by various criteria such as bug severity, customer impact, complexity, regression risk, and others, and assigned to the development group. The bugs of relatively low complexity and regression risk are fixed and released in bugfix rollup patches, others are scheduled for major/minor releases.
Bugfix Rollup Patches
Bugfix rollup patches include cumulative fixes for the latest official release and are typically released on as as needed basis. Release notes for each patch detailing specific incremental fixes in the patch are posted upon release on on the primary website of the applicable product.
Testing and Validation for Patches and Hotfixes
Every bug fix passes rigorous manual quality assurance and performance tests applicable for the fix. Then, the cumulative patch has to pass our fully automated test suite that includes thousands of functional, integration, unit and performance tests. However, these builds do not go through our full manual regression testing cycle that we do before each major or minor product release.
The information provided on this and related page(s) is intended to outline general Bad Banana Software support and update practices. It is intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon when making any purchasing decisions. Please see the Bad Banana Software End User License Agreement for the applicable product and/or service for specific terms and conditions governing the use of Bad Banana Software and receipt of support and updates.