- Category: Software Development
- Client: HHMedsoft (In-house)
- Version Release: 05 April, 2020
- Project URL: hhmedsoftware.com
- Base: ColdFusion (2018)
- Tertiary: jQuery, NodeJS
- Tags: Software Development, Web Development, Branding, Graphic Design, Product Management, Server Maintenance, CF Administrator, FusionReactor, ColdFusion, jQuery, Bootstrap, eCommerce, Stripe, CSS, HTML5
HMEDMANAGER is a cloud-based agency management systems designed to manage scheduling, referral sources, billing, payroll, patients, payors and reporting for home care agencies - all from a single, intuitive and simple to use interface.
The Early Days
Back in 2014, HMEDMANAGER started as eMedManager, an electronic records-based platform that was designed to provide case managers and care coordinators a means of scheduling field nurses appointments to visit insurance company clients. HUMANA™
was an early adopter of the program, working with ILS Medical, INC in formulating a tool that would track patient visits, record care manager documentation and provide billing and payroll services.
The system was a hybrid of ColdFusion and PHP. It functioned well, but the system was hamstrung as it was limited to operating in a very strictly structured server environment (not very scalable).
A Big Transition
With version 4, HMEDMANAGER (code named CURA) was launched in August of 2018. Along with a name change, a new (slightly modified) logo, HMEDMANAGER moved to a completely ColdFusion-based system. This afforded us the means to really expand on the platform and leverage
a lot more of ColdFusion's own library of user-centric tags and features. With a front-end modeled in Bootstrap 4 and leveraging the powerful jQuery library, we were able to outfit the software with a sleek, enhanced look with much friendlier user-interface.
Version 5 (code named CUIDADO) saw another major update with several enhancements to security, system framework, and coding architecture. Adding the moniker "PRO," the software was marketed as a one-stop solution for home health agencies to completely run their businesses.
The continued evolution of HMEDMANAGER PRO
"Kutunza" is a word of Swahili origin which means "to care for" or "to take care of." HMEDMANAGER PRO - KUTUNZA was enhanced to take care of every sing facet of the home health agency: from scheduling to referral sources to billing and payroll to patient care, payors and reporting - a complete patient and employee management system.
- Faster - clocking in at nearly 3 times faster than the previous version, KUTUNZA's faster response time to requests means more productivity.
- Better Billing - an improved billing engine means faster claim submission and return claim status!
- More Features - a new design and architecture means more options and features - like "Dark Mode," optional layouts, claim status, better mobile responsiveness and more!
- Maintaining Security Consciousness - the same 256-bit encryption and dedicated Sophos firewall to ensure patient data security (HIPAA).
- No Additional Costs - while other vendors may charge more for their new features and services, all enhancements to the HMEDMANAGER PRO software suite are at no additional costs or fees!