CommuteWX provides real-time weather information (current, forecast, enroute) compatible with most app enabled car stereo devices.
Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that’s well suited for in-vehicle travel. Users will be provided real-time current and forecasted weather data (based on GPS location).
- Large, easy to read graphics and text for optimal viewing
- Current weather includes temperature, sky condition, wind direction and speed, chance of precipitation and more.
- Forecast Weather: CommuteWX provides forecasted weather Information for the current location via text and graphical output. Text Information includes weather for the present day, as well as for the next day; a 5-day forecast is also presented displaying predominate weather and high/low temperatures.
- Intuitive Settings: Users have the option of selecting their preferred unit of measurement (US Customary or Metric) and rate of refresh for the weather reports.
- Destination Weather: CommuteWX provides forecasted weather information for your favorite locations.
- Weather Radar: Real-time location-based weather radar loop (based on GPS) and cumulative radar data from reporting weather stations.
COMMUTEWX and the CommuteWX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bad Banana Software LLC (licensed to Technologies LLC for sale and distribution).
PIONEER and APPRADIO and ADVANCED APP MODE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
iPod, iPod touch, iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Jul 24, 2015 – v2.1.0
There’s a lot to be excited about in this new version of CommuteWX and we’re glad we could address a lot of the issues your feedback has provided us.
– We’ve updated the weather radar loop and the errant location of the mapping in order to eliminate the pan/zoom required to find your current location.
– We’ve updated the app for the latest version of iOS to run faster and be more responsive.
– We’ve brought back the keyboard! For users with select devices, the onscreen keyboard has been brought back for use with your Advanced App Mode devices.
– We’ve also set lots of traps for bugs and injected the app with some high octane for speed!
Sept 01, 2014 – v2.0.4
– Fixed app crashes for some locales when app is launched
– Made major update for Advanced App Mode “Inactive State”
– Bug fixes for speed and stability
Jul 08, 2014 – v2.0.1
***** MAJOR UPDATE! 07/08/2014 *****
Not to sound like a broken record (see Beej!), but what’s new in this version? Well, pretty much everything. We’ve reengineered and rebuilt CommuteWX from the ground up and have released an app significantly improved from the previous version. The changes are way too numerous to fully list but we’ll hit a few of the highlights:
– We’ve changed mapping to MapQuest, displayed in MapBox
– The bulk of the code has been refactored to centralize access to Aeris API. Now using NSNotificationCenter to notify events.
While we’ve done a TON under the hood, the barn looks a lot better as well!
– Enhanced User Interface. We’ve made a big jump in making the app look and feel sleeker, smoother and more responsive.
– We completed a total rebuild of navigation and menu system. We listened to our customer feedback and knew that the bottom toolbar was a bear to use with the bottom radio hardware. So we moved it to the side and enhanced the icons.
– Improved and polished radar screen (no more half screen loops!)
– Better screen layout on iPhone5 and iPad
– Added Push Notifications
– Better location services. We fixed issues with non-common place name displays so the city location displayed is much more accurate.
– We changed the icon display for the time of day (they change automatically for hours later than sunset time).
– We added additional data to the Current Weather screen (Sunrise, Sunset, Precip)
– Enhanced Advisories screen
– And lots of minor improvements and bug fixes.
We could go on and on, but you can see all the new features for yourself.
As always, thanks for your feedback and patience while we’ve made our products better and more suitable for an enhanced user experience.
Mar 27, 2013 – v1.4.1
– Fixed radio screen display for Pioneer AppRadio2 for iPhone 5 lighting connector
– Bug fixes for stability, speed and responsiveness
Feb 15, 2013 – v1.3.1
– Updated for iOS 6.1
– Updated for Pioneer AppRadio2 (latest Advanced AppMode SDK; iPhone 5 lighting connector)
– Corrected Push Notification process
– Various enhancements for responsiveness
– Minor bug fixes for stability
Oct 12, 2012 – v1.2.1
– Fixed parking brake detection for display while driving
– Updated for iOS 6.0 – optimized for iPhone 5
– Updated weather API for improved radar display and looping
– Updated for new Pioneer SDK for AppRadio2
– Various bug fixes for improved responsiveness
Sept 4, 2012 – v1.0.1
– Initial release